Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Yes, I'm a Twin

An Irish Twin that is.

According to Wiktionary, an Irish twin is "Either of a pair of siblings born nine to 12 months apart, especially if born within the same calendar year."

My mother had my brother and I back to back.  Not much recuperation time, eh, Ma?

My brother, Nicholas, was born May 15, 1982.  Then three months later Ma was once again expecting.  The only difference this time was that she was expecting the perfect child, of course.  ;)

Baby Nick, Ma with me in her belly, and Jon

As she was dealing with a her infant son I was swimming along in her belly.  Back then they didn't really get to find out the gender so it would be a big surprise that I would be their baby girl.  And you want to guess what my due date was?

May 15, 1983

Yeah, not cool.  

Like Hell I was gonna share my birthday.  Nope!  Like a stubborn Taurus I slipped on out one day early.  May 14.  Ha!  Take that big brother!



So much for that plan.  Every year growing up we still had to celebrate our birthdays together, share cakes, etc.  But it's cool now I suppose.

And so that also means that on one day each year, my birthday, we are the same age.  Kinda cool.

Oh, and one more thing.  HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY BIG BROTHER!!!

Celebrating our Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...