Monday, May 14, 2012

It's my Special Day!

Woohoo!  Today is all about me!  It's my birthday, so I'm another year older...

And to top it off it was Mother's Day weekend.

Hubby and I got tickets to see WICKED The Musical to celebrate my birthday.  But we aren't going until next weekend.  After some scheduling conflicts and babysitter finding we should be set to celebrate my birthday next Saturday.  I can't wait for this show! 

I read the books previously.  Hubby didn't; and I didn't make him.  They are definitely a difficult read.  You have to get used to the way the author writes (syntax) and it takes the whole first book to get used to it.  And because I'm a diligent reader I had to read the other two books.  Eh, they weren't any better but at least I can say I read them.  But I don't plan on reading any of his other books.

But back to ME and MY weekend.  So it was my first Mother's Day.  I am grateful to have joined the club and to be able to share this special day with so many others.

I got to cuddle in bed with my baby boy before I had to get up.  I was supposed to have breakfast in bed, not that I expected it, but apparently I got up too soon so I ended up being served on the couch.  Oops.  :)  Hubby picked up some strawberry topped pancakes from a local eatery and I gobbled some of it up.  Then he carried Lucas in while Lucas carried a Mother's Day card to me (by carrying I mean in his mouth slobbering on it).  Of course it had a turtle on it!  Perfect.











Later we went to a local nature trail, West Point on the Eno, where we spread out a blanket and ate some sandwiches, enjoyed some lemonade, and played with Lucas.  Hubby was nice enough to take several photos of our Mama-Son time.  {Thanks Hubby!}  Afterward, we spent the rest of the day being lazy, taking a wonderfully long nap, and enjoying a romantic Salmon and Merlot dinner.










Hi!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...