Wednesday, February 22, 2012

T minus Coffee



I've started drinking two cups of coffee each morning at work.  They've got the fancy Keurig machines all over the place.  With about twelve different choices!  Of course, I always get the French Vanilla coffee with one pack of Sweet'N Low and one French Vanilla creamer.  And the machine lets you choose from five sizes, 5oz to 10oz.  Of course, I'm going to get the most.  So that's 20oz of coffee each morning.
I was never much of a coffee drinker.  I would have a cup every so often, especially whenever near a Starbuck's.  (Reminds me my Mom gave me a $5 gift card I still need to use!)  My usual there is the Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte.  And when pregnant it was the Decaf Grande Skinny Vanille Latte.

Hubby is definitely NOT a coffee drinker.  So there was never a reason to make a full pot of coffee in the morning.  I did have the small 4-cup pot that I would try to make only about 2-cups worth.  But I don't like having to mess with cleaning it all out every day.  And then I did get the Hamilton Beach Scoop single cup coffee maker for Christmas.  It's perfect!  So I was using that often enough even before I started this new job.  But of course now, for the most part, I'm not using that either.  I just wait until I get into work and get the yummy Keurig/Green Mountain choices.  It saves me a few minutes when getting Lucas and I ready in the mornings.

So, needless to say, I've developed a coffee problem.  Which is why I've decided to give up coffee for the next forty days.  But of course, that means that my intake of soda will increase.  The best I can do is try to stick with the zero-calorie or diet choices.  I'm actually at the moment consuming a Caffeine Free Pepsi in place of my coffee.  Do you think I'll make it through the day?

Are you giving up anything for Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...