Thursday, February 2, 2012

Alphabet Scramble: D is for... Part Two

This week's Alphabet Scramble is brought to you by the letter D.  This is the second part!  You can find Part One here.
 
 
Delivery - When I had my baby boy I was nine days overdue. I had gone in on the eighth day to be induced. From the time they began induction and the time I got the epidural was ten hours of laboring. The next seven hours went by slowly still but I managed to get some rest. At some point when my doctor checked me he accidently broke my water which helped to progress my labor finally.
           So the last three hours (yes, that's a total of twenty hours) I finally got into the last stage of active labor. Unfortunately, I'd say that that was the point where the epidural no longer helped me out. It didn't actually run out until the final push but it just wasn't effective for me anymore. So in essence, my delivery was pretty much natural.
           I'd say it was about two hours of pushing with just Hubby and the delivery Nurse until baby's head finally got into position. The Doctor was called and made it to the room relatively quickly since he'd just been taking a quick nap in the on-call room. Finally the last half hour of pushing and my baby boy was here!
           This short video was taken by Hubby shortly after the delivery. It was a very special moment for me as I was just amazed by the little person I was holding in my arms, that just previously I had been holding in my womb for ninth months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...