Thursday, January 19, 2012

License to Drive

Hubby is into cars. 
No, wait.  That's an understatement. 

Hubby is a race car driver. 
More specifically drag racing. 
He's even a champion some years.


This is Chrissy, Hubby's race car.

CPD Winner's Circle



So needless to say when we found out we were having a baby boy he and his family instantly began thinking about his racing future.  We've gotten so many outfits with cars on them; they even managed to find one with a "Christmas tree" on it...that's actually nonmenclature for the staging lights at a dragstrip.  I even found a nifty picture to show it!

Not only are my in-laws into racing but some of our college friends as well.  You see I met hubby in college thanks to some mutual friends.  One of which lived in my dorm down the hall and was also a groupie for our college Race Team.  (Ooh, if she reads this she will hurt me for calling her that!)  And Hubby was on the Race Team.

Many years later we are all still great friends and again, when we found out we were having a baby boy I just knew our friends would love the opportunity to get him racing-related stuff.  Of course, two our my girlfriends went so far as to host a baby shower for us!  And the theme was cars.  HOT WHEELS!  My Mom even had a friend who made us race car cupcakes.  :)



Now you know what I'm up against.  Needless to say I opted not to go all car-crazy in his nursery.  They are all just itching for the age when he's old enough to get his own junior dragster.  I say, let's not rush into things.  He's still my little boy.  And we have at least sixteen years before he'll even have his license to drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...