Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Challenge: Day One

Today starts the 12 Days of Christmas.  I found this Blog Challenge online so let's try it out!  You can also find the details of this challenge here.


ONE...The Partridge in the Pear Tree.  For this challenge it begins with "Christmas Trees".




I have collected several new ornaments over the past few years; those that I have found on my own to mark something special to me and those that have been given to me to mark a special occasion.  I'd like to show you some...
About two years ago I was searching and searching for some ornaments for my "kids" which of course at the time were my pets.  I finally found some that are the closest I could find that resemble them. 
And then this year we had our most important life change to date...we had a BABY.  Yeah, one of those really changes EVERYTHING.  So for Luke's first Christmas we have several new ornaments to put on our tree.

I have to preface these first two by saying that anyone that knows me knows that I like turtles.  So given that tidbit...  The first image is a representation of the three of us as a family.  The second is my little hatchling, representing baby Luke.


But of course I had to get an actual Personalized ornament as well...


And then there are the Baby's First Christmas ornament(s).  The first one we received from my in-laws, Grammy and Granddaddy, which I put Luke's recent picture with Santa.  The second one we haven't actually received yet...but I know that my parents, Nana and Papa, have it and should be giving it to us real soon!  ;)


Those are the most special ornaments on our Christmas Tree currently.  We actually have a really tiny tree right now for various reasons so we don't have much more than those and some standard balls.  Here is the finished look.


So don't forget to try out the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge yourself.  Check out the details here.



1 comment:

  1. Love your ornaments, especially the ones for your babies (real and furbabies)! Thanks for joining the challenge - I look forward to reading your posts. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...